Join the Melbourne SOUP Team
About Melbourne SOUP:
Melbourne SOUP is a community initiative that brings neighbours together to connect with one another and support ideas and projects that will benefit their community. Our SOUP events are held in suburbs around Melbourne and are about good causes, good food and good people. We are a not for profit registered Incorporated Association in Victoria, and we’re run by volunteers.
Inspired by Detroit SOUP, we launched in February 2019 to bring people in Melbourne together who are keen on doing good. Since then we’ve hosted 7 live events and 1 online event. Through our events we want to encourage more people to be involved in grassroots community change. Check out this video from Melbourne SOUP #7 in February 2020 to see what a SOUP event is like!
We’re looking for people to fill some voluntary roles across our team.
For all roles, characteristics of an ideal candidate:
- Interest in supporting grassroots community projects that aim to have a positive social or environmental impact.
- Can do attitude, humility, willingness to learn new things, willingness to voice your opinion.
- Located in the greater Melbourne area.
- Be willing to communicate with team regularly via Slack (check it weekly at least).
Perks for you:
- Joining a fun team where we support and challenge each other.
- A rewarding experience of contributing to a community initiative that brings people together to support local projects that benefit local communities.
- A chance to be part of shaping a new not for profit as we grow and evolve in 2021.
- Free attendance to all SOUP events.
- Exposure to the not for profit, social enterprise, community project development sectors across Melbourne.
- Collaborate with and learn from team members with a wide range of skill backgrounds such as environmental activism, social enterprise, social impact, graphic design, digital marketing, consulting, creative, hospitality, and more!
- A professional reference from a Melbourne SOUP committee member.
Find out the specifics about each role below.
Interested in any of these roles?
Please get in touch by sending an email to us at email@example.com with: a blurb about yourself, the position you’re interested in and why (300 word maximum), your CV/resume, and your LinkedIn profile URL (if applicable).
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, visa status, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or socioeconomic status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Closing date for applications to all roles: 5pm Wednesday 10th of March 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you!